Sunday, October 16, 2011

Title:

The Golden Compass

: 387

Summary: The Golden Compass: From what I could tell if you are a enormous fan of the book then do not see the film at all, you will leave the movie palace, quite angry. If you have young young children (10 years old and up) then this looks like it would be a very good film for them to see.

Key phrases: movie, film, review, television, media, art

Post Body: Properly even soon after seeing the film, I am still left to wonder what the massive controversy is all about.

I had in no way read the book series that New Line Cinema is hoping to be the next Harry Potter and if the film is an indication of what is to come. I am not even positive that i want to see component 2 nor 3, if they ever get created.

I could somewhat see why the Catholic League is protesting this film, but in the end its much to do about not a quite great film.

For those who have no perfect about the film or anything about it please click on to this link for a much better understanding, but please be wary this is a heavy spoiler preview also.

Now what I liked about the film, The casting of Sam Elliott as Lee Scoresby was precisely what the role needed. When you see him in the film, you soon understand that he is considerably much more that what he appears at initial.

The casting of Ian McKellen as the voice of Iorek Byrnison, as an armored bear. Now I had no concept what a bear would do with some significant armor protection, but with the voice of Sir Ian, you think that he will protect the hero of the film.

Now I understand that this film is component 1 of a 3 component film, but the initial one ought to have been so a lot far better that what we had been given. I had said earlier that I had not read any of the books however but even I could tell that some thing just was not correct nor was it generating sense in the way that it was told in the movie, it just seemed like way too numerous holes had been in this film. It looks about 40-60 minutes too short.

From what I could tell if you are a massive fan of the book then do not see the film at all, you will leave the movie palace, extremely angry. If you have young kids (10 years old and up) then this looks like it would be a very good film for them to see.

For the parents, it will leave you frustrated. I can see a very good film in this film, but all we get in an additional mess by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment